With commencement dates every Monday, EAP (English for Academic Purposes) is aimed at students who need to prepare for further studies and/or the professional environment. The course components include:
- Learning how to speak clearly and accurately;
- Communicating ideas fluently in an academic and professional setting;
- Integrated skills work in four main areas (speaking & listening, reading & writing, critical thinking, employability skills) in a more complex and sophisticated context.
Participation in group discussions, note-taking skills, summarising skills, pronunciation & voice training for presentations, active participation in group projects, research and referencing techniques, independent learning, Australian workplace culture, etc.
Note: Course structure, timetable, and content are subject to change during the delivery period due to change in legislative requirements or due to NIT’s course review process.
Course structure, units and content is subject to change during the delivery period due to change in legislative requirements or due to NIT’s course review process.
English Table of Equivalence
- Documentary proof of English language proficiency test at a level of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent, or undertaking NIT placement test.
- 18 years of age or above at the time of course commencement.
- During the assessment and verification of the application, NIT may request for additional evidence from the applicant or conduct a face-to-face interview over Skype or Google Hangout with the applicant.
Before making an application to study at NIT Australia, you must read NIT Student Handbook, Fees and Refund Policy and Information for International Students.
Click on Fees and Charges
to know more about course fees and other charges applicable.