With commencement dates every second Monday, EAP (English for Academic Purposes) is aimed at students who need to prepare for further studies and/or the professional environment. The course components include:
- Learning how to speak clearly and accurately;
- Communicating ideas fluently in an academic and professional setting;
- Integrated skills work in four main areas (speaking & listening, reading & writing, critical thinking, employability skills) in a more complex and sophisticated context.
Participation in group discussions, note-taking skills, summarising skills, pronunciation & voice training for presentations, active participation in group projects, research and referencing techniques, independent learning, Australian workplace culture, etc.
Course Timetable (Day/Evening)
Note: Course structure, timetable and the course content are subject to change during the delivery period due to change in legislative requirements, NIT’s course review process and resource availability.
Entry requirements and score equivalencies
- Applicants must be 18 years old or above at the time of course commencement.
- Undertake NIT placement test or submit a proof of English language proficiency. For a guide to the English language entry requirements for each level of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course, refer to the table below.
Note: During the assessment and verification of the application, NIT may request for additional evidence from the applicant or conduct a face-to-face interview over Skype or Google Hangout with the applicant.
Before making an application to study at NIT Australia, you must read NIT Student Handbook, Fees and Refund Policy and Information for International Students.
Morning to evening or evening to morning fee is $200.00. Change of timetable request cannot be made more than once within a course (not level) duration. Change of timetable requests will only be accepted for enrolments with a minimum of 10 or more study weeks.
Click on Fees and Charges
to know more about course fees and other charges applicable.