ONLY for approved offshore students.
Resource requirements for participation in the online and virtual classroom-based training and assessment:
- A computer (a desktop or a laptop) with a Processor: Dual Core 4Ghz or Higher (i5/i7 or AMD equivalent); RAM: 16GB or higher; and 250 GB SSD drive.
- A High-speed internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (4G/LTE) – Minimum bandwidth requirement is 8 Mbps (up/down). Check your Internet bandwidth using www.whistleout.com.au (Find the instructions to test your internet speed at the bottom of this page).
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (A headset with microphone and earphones is recommended)
- A webcam – one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
- Students enrolled in ICT courses are expected to have an additional external SSD storage media drive with a minimum of 100 GB storage space for virtualisation units.
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows 10 Profesional or Education (Recommended) – Some ICT units require the installation of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Instructions to test your internet speed using www.whistleout.com.au
- Click on “Start Speed Test”
- You will see your internet download speed in Mbps.
- Click on “Show More Info” to find out your upload speed.
- You will have the complete information as the below image. Take a screenshot of your internet speed information and send us via email.