Resource requirements for participation in the face-to-face campus based training and assessment:
- All students are required to bring their own notebooks, stationary and USB storage media devices.
- Students enrolled in business (BSB) courses are also required to bring their own laptops. NIT lends laptops to students for on-campus use only based on first come first served basis.
Students enrolled in ICT courses are expected to have an additional external SSD storage media drive with minimum 100 GB storage space for virtualisation units.
Resource requirements for participation in the online and virtual classroom based training and assessment:
- A computer (a desktop or a laptop) with a Processor: Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent); RAM: 8GB or higher; and SSD drive.
- A High speed internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) – Minimum bandwidth requirement is 5 Mbps (up/down). Check your Internet bandwidth using speedtest.net or www.fast.com
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (A headset with microphone and earphones is recommended)
- A webcam – one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
- Students enrolled in ICT courses are expected to have an additional external SSD storage media drive with minimum 100 GB storage space for virtualisation units.
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows 10 (Recommended) – Some ICT units require installation of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems.
Note: For devices running Windows 10, they must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+