Face-to-face (on-campus) training and assessment
Resource requirements for participation in the face-to-face campus based training and assessment:
- All students are required to bring their own notebooks, stationary and USB storage media devices.
- Students enrolled in business (BSB) courses are also required to bring their own laptops. NIT lends laptops to students for on-campus use only based on first come first served basis.
Students enrolled in ICT courses are expected to have an additional external SSD storage media drive with minimum 100 GB storage space for virtualisation units.
Online and virtual classroom based training and assessment
Students enrolled at NIT may be required to attend online virtual classroom-based training due to lockdowns or restrictions imposed by the state or federal governments.
Students must ensure that they meet the following resource requirements for participation in the online/virtual classroom-based training and assessment:
- A computer (a desktop or a laptop) with a Processor: Dual Core 4Ghz or Higher (i5/i7 or AMD equivalent); RAM: 16GB or higher; and 250 GB SSD drive.
- A High-speed internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (4G/LTE) – Minimum bandwidth requirement is 5/3 Mbps (download/upload speed). Check your Internet bandwidth using www.whistleout.com.au (Find the instructions to test your internet speed at the bottom of this page).
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (A headset with microphone and earphones is recommended)
- A webcam – one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
- Students enrolled in ICT courses are expected to have an additional external SSD storage media drive with a minimum of 100 GB storage space for virtualisation units.
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows 10 Profesional or Education (Recommended) – Some ICT units require the installation of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+