National Institute of Technology Pty Ltd (ABN: 79 168 536 016) trading as NIT Australia, understands the importance of protecting your personal information.
2. What is Personal Information?
3. Collection of Personal Information?
We collect personal information to provide our training services, to conduct our business and to provide customer service.
The types of personal information we collect will depend on how you interact with us. Typically, we collect the following personal information:
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- fax number;
- date of birth;
- information provided by you via course registration forms, customer surveys, evaluation forms.
We do not normally collect sensitive information about you such as information relating to your health, religion, political beliefs or race. If we do collect sensitive information which is reasonably necessary for the operation of our business functions or activities, we will obtain your consent to do so.
If you do not agree to provide us with your personal information, this may limit our ability to provide our services to you or your organisation.
We collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- when you register for our courses via our website, email, phone or in person;
- when we respond to your inquiries and requests;
- during conversations or email exchanges between you and our representatives;
- when we obtain feedback from you about our services including through evaluation
forms and customer surveys;
- when we conduct our administrative and business functions;
- when we market our services to you; and
- through your access and use of our website.
Personal Information may be obtained directly from you, through another contact in your organisation if your organisation is NIT Australia’s client, or through a third party by who we have been informed that your details may be provided to us.
We may at times obtain personal information that relates to you through third parties. Where we do so, we will ask any third parties to confirm in writing that they have legally obtained your personal information and that we have the right to acquire it from them and to use it.
4. The purpose for collecting, holding, usage and disclosure of personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services;
- to conduct administrative and business functions;
- to enable you to register for NIT Australia courses;
- to send communications;
- to manage and maintain our business relationships;
- to respond to inquiries and requests;
- to improve the services we provide;
- to inform you about our services;
- to obtain feedback from you on our services;
- to organise training delivery and certification exams;
- to provide you access to online portals;
- to provide you with a more personalised experience when you interact with us;
- to update our records and keep contact details up to date;
- to enable you to subscribe to newsletters and mailing lists;
- to process and respond to privacy complaints; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision
or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
5. Disclosure of personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and related bodies corporate for the purposes set out in Section 5 of this document.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- contractors, suppliers, vendors, partners, and other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
- Except as set out above, NIT Australia will only disclose personal information if this is required by law or a court/tribunal order or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
6. Storage and security of personal information?
We store personal information to ensure that we can manage and maintain communications with organisations with whom we do business. Contact may be verbal, electronic or written.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards. We hold personal information in either paper-based records in secure access-controlled premises or electronic form in databases and email files which require logins and passwords. NIT Australia’s employees are contractually bound by confidentiality obligations.
NIT Australia’s website is linked to the internet, and as the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
7. Access to collected information
You may request access at any time to personal information that we hold about you and we will give you access in the manner that you request where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, except where we deny access as permitted by the Privacy Act.
For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, is unlawful or would result in a breach of confidentiality.
If you wish to access or correct your personal information, please send a written request to our administration staff via post to NIT’s postal address available on NIT website. Our administration staff will respond to your request within 15 working days after you make the request.
8. Updating or correcting collected information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete.
You may also request us to correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
9. Complaints about a breach of your privacy
Our administration staff will respond to you in writing within 15 working days of receiving your complaint, setting out what action NIT Australia will take as a result of your complaint or providing an explanation to you if there has been no breach of the law.
10. Using our website
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties about the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
Version 2.0 – [20 – Nov – 2020] – Published