Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security)
Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security) at NIT Australia is a practical, hands-on qualification aimed at equipping you with the essential skills and knowledge required to a become well-rounded cybersecurity professional.
You will be exposed to popular technologies in IT Networking and cyber-security such as Windows and Linux operating systems; networking equipment including routers, switches, and wireless access points; Next-Gen Firewalls like FortiGate; SIEM/SOC platforms. The course also covers many concepts that will help you in your preparation for Cisco CCNA and Fortinet NSE4 certifications.
Government-subsidised fees are available to eligible candidates for this course through Jobs and Skills WA.
Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security) at NIT Australia is a practical, hands-on qualification aimed at equipping you with the essential skills and knowledge required to become a well-rounded cybersecurity professional.
The course will provide you with training in several important cybersecurity skills such as:
- installing and configuring network operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- installing, configuring and managing complex computer networks
- managing network security
- gathering, analysing and interpreting the cyber-security threat data
- Identifying and protecting critical infrastructure for organisations
- Designing security architecture
- Developing and implementing incident response plans
- Reviewing and updating disaster recovery and contingency plans
- promoting best practices in cybersecurity
You will be exposed to popular technologies in IT Networking and cyber-security such as Windows and Linux operating systems; networking equipment including routers, switches, and wireless access points; Next-Gen Firewalls like FortiGate; SIEM/SOC platforms.
The course also covers many concepts that will help you in your preparation for Cisco CCNA and Fortinet NSE4 certifications.
Pathway to Higher Education and Universities
After you graduate from NIT Australia with ICT50220 – Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking) qualification, you will be able to undertake a range of advanced diploma qualifications or an undergraduate degree at tertiary education providers.
You will be able to enter straight into the following Bachelor’s degree program at Murdoch University, Southern Cross University and Edith Cowan University.
Up to 120 credits points (equivalent to 1.0 year*) towards
- U67 Bachelor of Information Technology
- Y89 Bachelor of Science – Cyber Security
- U65 Bachelor of Computer Science
Up to 24 points (equivalent to 1.0 year*) credit towards
- Bachelor of Information Technology (B1390) in:
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Internetworking and Network Security
- Mobile and Web Development
Up to 8 units (equivalent to 1.0 year*) credit
- Bachelor of Information Technology in:
- User Experience
- Software Development
- Business Analytics
* The duration of the undergraduate (bachelor) degree program with the University/HE provider may vary based on the sequence of units offered at the University/HE provider or the intake (semester) in which you commence the course at the University/HE provider.
What our students say
about NIT Australia
My experience at NIT has been great. The trainers are always helpful and spot-on when responding to my questions in class, which I ask a lot since I really want to learn networking skills. As a student, I was working as an uber eats delivery driver and in between deliveries,.
I am absolutely satisfied with my choice to join NIT Australia with the Diploma of Information Technology Networking and the upcoming Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering. I believe this is a great start for my career in Australia. Regarding the course structure, it is not only focused on theories but.
Since I started my study program at NIT, I have been developing very important and exciting new skills, such as working with specific equipment and the physical infrastructure of internet connections. Most importantly, all trainers are very knowledgeable and talented, which has been making my experience incredible and unique. I can’t wait to.
I was studying at a different college which I didn’t enjoy and I was scared I may have the same experience at NIT, but it was the opposite when I came here which I am happy about. I never thought I would understand programming but gradually I am gaining more.
I am doing the Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering course to learn more about fibre technologies. Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technologies are going to be the future of Telecom. I am learning relevant information about how to manage fibre to complete an entire project using DWDM technologies. The.
I am very happy with the trainers and staff who have shown excellent support and kindness during my studies here at NIT. Elaine, the internship manager, is also working closely with me to prepare for the internship, which is arranged by NIT at no additional cost for IT students. I.