After completing a Diploma at NIT Australia, you can choose to enrol in a Bachelor’s degree program at one of NIT Australia’s higher education and university partners.
Diploma courses at NIT Australia are 1-year (52 weeks) courses. You will receive a certificate of your diploma qualification once you achieve competency in all the required units for the diploma qualification.
Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degrees are usually 3-year programs. Once you complete a diploma at NIT Australia, NIT Australia’s partner higher education and university partners will grant you credit equivalent to 1 year in specific bachelor’s degree courses and you will be able to complete a degree in 2 years.
This is amazing as you get a chance to receive two qualifications, a Diploma after completing the first year of studies at NIT Australia and a bachelor’s degree after completing another two years of study at one of NIT Australia’s higher education or university partners.
Benefits of Choosing Diploma at NIT Australia
As diploma courses are short courses as compared to degree courses, you can complete a diploma course in a short amount of time usually 1 year. This is one of the many reasons why many students who desire to study abroad choose to complete NIT Australia’s diploma over degree courses.
- Gets completed quicker in one year
- Makes you job-ready faster and quicker
- Diploma courses are hands-on practical courses
- Cheaper than a bachelor’s or associate degrees (Generally diplomas have 50% lower fees than degree courses)
- Helps you develop strong practical knowledge and skills as well as academic skills
- Advanced Diploma pathway options are available.
- Completing a 1-year advanced diploma after completing a 1-year diploma (total 2 years of study) gives you a chance to apply for 485 Graduate Stream
- Chance to complete work experience (internship)
- Get credits equivalent to 1 year of bachelor’s degree course
Benefits of completing a Diploma leading to a Bachelor’s degree
After successful completion of a diploma course at NIT Australia, students get a chance to progress to higher qualifications with advanced standing. This pathway is called Diploma leading to Bachelor studies
Diploma leading to Bachelor studies provide massive benefits:
- Students who don’t have any background in a particular field of study can gain both practical knowledge and skills as well as academic skills before they enrol in a bachelor’s degree course.
- Completing a diploma before a bachelor’s degree can be highly cost-effective as diploma courses usually have 50% lower fees than degree courses.
- Diplomas leading to Bachelor’s studies have low entry requirements such as lower English entry requirements and previous qualification scores.
- Saves money and also the stress of tougher studies at the bachelor’s degree level.
- Offers a great option to have an exit point after completing a diploma.
- A diploma leading to a bachelor’s degree gives you two awards (qualifications).
- Great work experience opportunities. Completing a diploma before a bachelor’s degree gives you a chance to gain work experience in the area of studies while you complete your bachelor’s degree. For instance, if you complete a Diploma of Information Technology leading to a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, after completing your diploma, you can start working in the field of IT (part-time) while you are studying for your bachelor’s degree.