NIT’s Professional Year program is an exciting program designed to equip the new IT professional with a set of highly sought-after professional skills that will help you on your way to a new career while paving the migration pathway for those seeking to make Australia their new home.
We specialise in ICT training and education. NIT is a professional partner of Australian Computer Society (ACS), an authorised CISCO Academy, VMware Academy, CompTIA Academy, IBM Academic Initiative Partner and Microsoft Imagine Partner.
Our trainers are highly experienced in Business and IT industry and bring relevant case studies into the classroom. We groom our students to be able to communicate and engage professionally and adapt to Australian workplace culture.
- Get career advice in the IT field
Our IT career advisors and trainers have guided many students in overcoming their struggles in deciding their best specialisation pathway or pinning their first IT job in Australia.
- 100% of our students get an internship
Our internship consultants work with you to get you a relevant IT internship opportunity where you gain hands-on IT experience in an Australian organization. To know more about NIT Internships, click here.
Online resume builder creates dull and ineffective resumes. At NIT, your resume can stand out among others through our one-to-one review session with our career advisors and trainers with IT experience.
One of our highly demanded events is where we invite real IT professionals and managers to conduct practice interviews. This helps you to gain real exposure and an opportunity to connect with these professionals from the IT industry.
- Build your professional networks
We work closely with many Australian IT businesses, organisations and associations. We are able to help you engage with people from industry to maximise your chances of employment success. You also get a free ACS Student membership for 12 months.
- Gain access to hidden job markets
About 80% of jobs are not advertised, so how can you tap on this? We equip you with key networking skills and guide you with the ways to access hidden job markets in the IT sector.
Students who struggle to get the desired score in English language proficiency tests like IELTS and PTE can benefit from free 20-hour English improvement or exam preparation classes.
- Great campus and resources
NIT is conveniently located near Perth CBD and is easily accessible via public transport. Free parking is available around the campus. Our campus is spacious and features modern learning facilities.
The first two components are delivered simultaneously in the classroom, covering 250 contact hours. The Professional Environments (PE) component which is delivered by the ACS will run in conjunction with the internship period. And the program will be delivered in the following sequence:
The Professional Year framework consists of the following components:
Applicants are required to attend an interview as part of the application process. They must:
- Have successfully attained and completed an ICT-related Bachelor or Master degree or higher from an Australian tertiary institution (minimum two years’ full-time study in Australia).
- Have completed their principal course of study (on a Student Visa) prior to commencing the Professional Year Program.
- Hold a current and valid passport and visa (485 Temporary Graduate visa*) that allows full work and study rights whilst undertaking the ACS Professional Year Program.
- Hold a current and valid IELTS minimum band score of 6.0 (Academic or General), no band below 5.0 (or equivalent)(Click here to see a table of equivalent scores)
- Undertake an application interview with NIT to ensure course suitability and viability
* Preference will be given to those currently on a 485 Temporary Graduate visa (either Graduate Work or Post-Study Workstream) or active Bridging Visa as a result of 485 Temporary Graduate visa application. NOTES:
- Participants who already have permanent residency or who hold other visas which have full work and study rights for the duration of the PY Program may also be accepted, subject to approval by ACS.
- Secondary visa holders of other visa subclasses such as 457, 489 or 402 visas may also be eligible to undertake Professional Year Program, subject to approval by ACS.
- No visa extensions will be granted in order to complete the ACS Professional Year Program. Therefore, prospective applicants who already hold a valid visa will require a minimum of 12 months validity on their visa before commencing the ACS Professional Year Program.
- ACS Skills Assessment is not an entry requirement for the course, however, we recommend applicants undertake a Temporary Graduate Skills Assessment prior to enrolling in the Professional Year Program for future skills consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
To read Frequently Asked Questions on ACS Professional Year Program click here