To enrol in the ACS Professional Year Program the applicant must meet the entry requirements. The entry requirements are changing for enrolments commencing the program from 1 June 2020 onwards. Please read the entry requirements provided below carefully:
- An ICT-related Bachelor or Master degree or higher from an Australian tertiary institution (minimum of two years’ full-time study in Australia).
- Completion of the principal course of study (on a Student Visa) prior to commencing the Professional Year Program.
- A current and valid passport and visa (485 Temporary Graduate visa*) that allows full work and study rights. Applicants must have a minimum of 12 months’ validity (365 days) on their visa from the date of Professional Year Program commencement.
- A current and valid English language test score (taken within the three years immediately prior to Professional Year Program commencement) with at least a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS, with no bands below 6.0 (or equivalent) (Click here to see a table of equivalent scores)
- Undertake an interview (face-to-face) as part of the application process to ensure program suitability, understand internship expectations and program completion viability.
* Preference will be given to those currently on a 485 Temporary Graduate visa (either Graduate Work or Post-Study Work Stream) or active Bridging Visa as a result of 485 Temporary Graduate visa application.
- ACS Skills Assessment is not an entry requirement for the course, however, NIT recommends the applicant to undertake a Temporary Graduate Skills Assessment prior to enrolling in the Professional Year Program to confirm their degree suitability for any future skills assessment considerations in their nominated ANZSCO Code.
- Participants who already have permanent residency or who hold other visas which have full work and study rights for the duration of the PY Program may also be accepted, subject to approval by ACS.
- Secondary visa holders of other visa subclasses such as 457, 489 or 402 visas may also be eligible to undertake Professional Year Program, subject to approval by ACS.
Before making an application to study ACS Professional Year Program at NIT Australia, you must read the ACSPY Student Handbook, ACSPY Internships Policy and Resource Requirements for this program.